Saturday 11 December 2010

Notion Magazine

My favoured Notion covers. From birth in December 2007 (bottom right) to June 2010 (top left)

I should probably tame my excitement at some point today...ah heck-I'm allowed to sustain it until after the X-factor final tomorrow. 

Graduating *touches wood* from Sheffield Uni next June is something I was already lamenting. The freedom, the opportunities, the parties, the discounted food and clothes, the lifestyle- all of which would slip through my debt-ridden fingertips, lost in the abyss of graduated gloom. 

After writing to 67 prospective work placements this summer, I soon learnt it was a rarity that the big cheeses at high-profile magazines reply to internship requests, let alone offer one.

But yesterday I received a tangible twinkle of optimism, in the form of electronic mail. 

Splendidly, come summer 2011, I shall be spending my days interning at the profoundly super slick monthly music, fashion and culture magazine Notion, hurrays.

You can even nab it up from WHSmiths and HMV-fancy eh? Go have a gander...

Or visit the site to read the latest issue here.

August 2010

1 comment: