Friday 19 August 2011

B E S T I V A L countdown (part I)



There are a mere 19 sleeps separating me from attending my third field party of all field parties. Despite marking the end of festival season (pardon the premature lamenting), Bestival is the epitome of escapism and perpetually pushes the boundaries of festival experiences - roller disco arena with Hyperdub anyone?

With too many DJs to compartmentalise into a “must see” list, I thought I’d divulge the live acts who have got me all giddy in anticipation.

The mythical folk that are Hercules and Love Affair are sure to be a spectacle on Thursday with their jacking house and overtly disco vibe.  

Having released their second album “Blue Songs” earlier this year, exclusive twists and treats from this record will no doubt feature in their set - hurrah.

“Blue Song”’s lead single “My House” is already an international club staple and hearing it reverberate through Bestival’s speakers is almost as tumultuously exciting as seeing what dazzling attire they will be donning.

That reminds me - must.pack.glitter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment