Tuesday 23 August 2011

a superfluous splurge ?

"I love how your shoes are all just slight variations of each other" my pal Sophie said to me as we departed Sheffield University's journalism department for the final time in June. Yes her statement has a dash of credence but if it took three years for her to conclude this then my definitive shoe style surely isn't palpable - surely? 

I bought these simply chic black Chelsea boots this weekend from River Island. The elastic gusset detail, combined with the sensible two inch heel, makes for a comfortable wear. They are edgy and sure to be the staple of my autumn wardrobe. Unabashedly I’m not used to "wearing in" shoes as I usually source my footwear from eBay. So as I tip tap away I’m endeavoring to mould the exquisite booties to my feet by sitting cross legged on my rug and flexing my toes every four minutes. I cannot stop gazing at them.  

Spot the difference:  
These Pierre Hardy for Gap ankle boots have been loyal, dance proof “partying” shoes for years of dizzying frolics. Yes they're also black, yes they also have the elastic side and yes they also have the chunky heel. But why change a winning formula ?  


No comments:

Post a Comment